Understanding Network Security and Defence
The Workshop is intended to help participants to understand defensive security. It is built on the concept of “The best defense is a good offense”. Network security professionals need to look beyond the configuration of the hardware and start looking at the big picture of how data leak is carried out on the network and how it can be prevented through defensive security. In the workshop you will learn the following:
- How to use threat hunting & OSINT activities to help you understand the threats faced by your organization.
- Using a case study from Netflix this workshop will take you through defending security by looking at Chaos Engineering, a concept used by Netflix to build confidence in system capabilities and security.
- Learn how to use the MITRE ATT&CK framework to track defensive security controls, identify detection capabilities, or lack thereof.
- Learn about available open-source projects, like Red Canarys Atomic Red Team, to help you test security controls that align with specific ATT&CK techniques.
- Understand security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) solutions to automate the testing of your security controls and get a clear view of what you can detect versus what you cannot.
- Learn how SOAR can help organizations automate the testing of security controls.
Who Should Attend
This workshop will benefit IT Security Professionals, Experts & Consultants who are interested in Blue, Red & Purple Teaming. Those in DevOps and DevSecOps. Penetration testers & Security Engineers. Windows and Linux Experts & Administrators, and Network & Web Application Firewall Administrators.
Let us know if you want to speak at one of our Cybersecurity Friday Event!
We are constantly looking for good speakers that can provide insights in cybersecurity topics that would benefit the community. If you are such a person please contact us for a conversation.