Ransomware Resilience and Incident Response
Introducing the Ransomware and Incident Response
Ransomware is a major danger to businesses today. Over $6.5 billion in ransom was paid to Ransomware criminals throughout the world last year. Anyone can fall victim to ransomware. Ransomware has affected individuals, businesses, and government entities of various sizes. The question is not whether you will be a victim, but when you will be a victim. What are you going to do about it if you are? How effectively do you understand and prepare for Ransomware?
Because reacting to a ransomware event adds new dimensions to the regular incident response plan, each business should have a customized Ransomware Incident Response strategy in addition to their standard incident response plan.
We teach participants how to detect, contain, and respond to a ransomware assault throughout this course. We will walk you through the ransomware response plan’s preparation to operational phases. Students will acquire hands-on experience coping with various varieties of ransomware.
- Training Content
- Why The Cyber Threat Intelligence Training?
- Learning Objectives
- Who Should Attend
Introduction to Ransomware
- What Is Ransomware?
- How has ransomware been involved over the years
- How Ransomware Works
- What are the different types of ransomware?
- What is human-operated ransomware (HumOR)?
- What are the entry points of Ransomware into your system?
- A good look at ransomware attack stages: Campaign, Infection, staging, scanning and encryption, and Payday.
- Who are behind these ransomware attack? A detailed look at two of the world’s most prolific ransomware groups.
Ransomware Infection Vectors
- What are the common infection vectors used by attackers and how do you deal with them?
- The Common Exploit Kits used by attackers and why they are so successful
- What can you do about these tools and how can you block them from your network?
- The Command and Callback (C&C) and Indicators of Compromise
- How to look for potential ransomware infection in your network
Ransomware Incident Response Plan:
- The Incident Response Lifecycle
- Developing an incident response plan in case of a ransomware attack.
- Developing a ransomware response policy – pay the ransom or not
- What are the first critical steps you must follow when you get attacked?
- Understanding the Indicators of Compromise
- Incident Response: Detection and Containment
- How to Detect the early stage of Attack
- Learn to contain a ransomware attack
- Incident Response: Eradication and Recovery
- How to recover from a ransomware attack
- The recovery of Local, and Network Files
- Tools and resources to fight against ransomware
Developing Ransomware Countermeasures
- Holistic improvement of security using the tools you already have.
- What are the additional things you need to do to protect your operating systems, networks, and end-users?
- Defending the endpoints devices and users
- Using next Generation Anti-virus/Anti-malware
- Reduce the risk of ransomware by improving the security of your email system
- Reduce the chance of email domain spoofing and prevent phishing attacks
- Implement email encryption/digital signature to stop the impersonation of company staff.
- Have solutions in place to detect and eliminate potential attacks via email.
Looking at Mitigating Action
- Finally, we shall be looking at some of the best practices against ransomware
- What are the different risk mitigation actions you have?
- What is the role of Insurance companies against ransomware?
- What are the best practices to protect your organization against Ransomware?
- Improve the efficiency of your security team
- Avoid data breaches
- Lower risk through better threat analyses
- Improve security operations and Triage
- Strengthen the business security posture
At the end of the training the participant will learn the following:
- Get in-depth knowledge about ransomware, and how to identify the various types.
- Learn how to detect, identify, and respond to ransomware as soon as possible.
- Learn about the numerous Ransomware infection vectors and how to combat them.
- Discover how to proactively dodge ransomware assaults in real-time.
- You can do this to learn how ransomware gangs work and how to counteract their operations.
- How to Spot a Ransomware Infection on Your Network Before It Encrypts Your Data
- Know what measures to take during a ransomware attack so that data can be restored, and damage can be minimized.
You will be able to
- Understand the Ransomware Kill chain process and how to stop it
- Understand how Ransomware encrypts network data and use this knowledge for mitigating actions.
- Provide your employees with the knowledge they need to spot a new occurrence.
Furthermore, you will also learn
- Create an incident response strategy in the case of a ransomware attack.
- You will learn about the MITRE ATTACK Framework and how to use it to fight ransomware advisories.
- After that, you’ll learn about email security. How to prevent ransomware criminals from using your organization’s email system to send phishing emails to people both inside and outside your network.
- Network security professionals
- Incident responders.
- Penetration testers
- Red team members and other white hats
- Security analysts
- Security consultants and auditors
- Managers wanting to create threat-Intelligence teams
- Good understanding of security concepts
- A working understanding of networking devices and protocols is required
- Understanding of Linux OS.
- Exposure to networking and pen-testing tools and methodology