Threat Modeling In Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
December 4, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Online Workshop (2 CPE)
Join us in our Threat Modeling workshop and learn how to manage security risk during system development.
About The Threat Modeling In SDLC Workshops
Threat modeling is a process by which potential threats, such as structural vulnerabilities or the absence of appropriate safeguards, can be identified, enumerated, and mitigations can be prioritized.
The purpose of threat modeling is to provide systematic analysis of what controls or defences need to be included to defend a giving system against potential attack, the probable attacker’s profile, the most likely attack vectors, and the assets most desired by an attacker.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Security Risk Managers
- Security Engineers
- Information Security Managers.
- Information Security Directors.
- All other security professionals who want to be kept up to date.
In this workshop our expert will take you through the process of Threat modeling and teach you to answer questions involved in the process such as
- “Where am I most vulnerable to attack?”,
- “What are the most relevant threats?”, and
- “What do I need to do to safeguard against these threats?”.
You learn about the main idea behind threat modeling and how to bring security and software development together in the SDLC and to collaborate on a shared understanding and development of the system. We will also discuss the following:
- Ensure business requirements (or goals) are adequately protected in the face of a malicious actor, accidents, or other causes of impact.
- How to identify threats and compliance requirements, and evaluate their risk.
- How to define and build required controls.
- Learn to balance risks, controls, and usability
- Identify where building a control is unnecessary, based on acceptable risk.
- Document threats and mitigation.
- Identification of security test cases / security test scenarios to test the security requirements
For a limited time we are offering you this free Security Workshop Event without product sales or demonstation. We have limited seats. So Register fast to reserve your seat.
Let us know if you want to speak at one of our Cybersecurity Friday Event!
We are constantly looking for good speakers that can provide insights in cybersecurity topics that would benefit the community. If you are such a person please contact us for a conversation.