Monthly Security Update:
Understanding Zero trust Security
October 30, 2020, Online Workshop
9 Am – 16 :00 PM (6 CPE)
The Understanding Zero Trust Security
Zero Trust is a security concept based on the idea that organizations should not automatically trust anybody or any device that interacts with its network or systems. Each device must be verified as trusted before it can be allowed to be active member of the network. So, the strategy around Zero Trust boils down to – don’t trust anyone.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Security Risk Managers
- Security Engineers
- Information Security Managers.
- Information Security Directors.
- All other security professionals who want to be kept up to date.
Since the start of networking, organizations have always protected themselves using perimeter security which involved building a protective shield around the assets to protect them. Lately, due to the proliferation of mobile devices the perimeters have shifted and as such a new way of thinking is required to protect the organization. Zero Trust Security is gradually replacing the traditional perimeter security way of thinking. This workshop focus on this new way of thinking about security. Learn about the fundamentals of Zero Trust Security and how to start off with the implementation in your company.
Content of the Workshop
- What is a Zero Trust Network?
- Zero Trust vs traditional perimeter security?
- Why do we need Zero Trust Security?
- What is Involved in the Zero Trust Security?
- Why is the Zero Trust Model Important?
- Understanding Network Segmentation
- Implementing a perimeterless Design
- Knowing Users and their Devices
- Authenticating and Authorizing Users
- The Pillars of Zero Trust Security
- Device Trust
- User Trust
- Transport/Session trust
- Application trust
- Data Trust
- The five steps to a Zero Trust network
- Define your protect surface
- Map the transaction flows
- Architect a Zero Trust network
- Create the Zero Trust policy
- Monitor and maintain the network
- A look at Zero Trust Security Model such as BeyondCorp
- How to implement Zero trust Security.
At the end of this workshop participant will understand what Zero Security is and able to determine if it will be useful for their company and how to get started with it.
For a limited time we are offering you this free Security Workshop Event without product sales or demonstation. We have limited seats. So Register fast to reserve your seat.
Let us know if you want to speak at one of our Cybersecurity Friday Event!
We are constantly looking for good speakers that can provide insights in cybersecurity topics that would benefit the community. If you are such a person please contact us for a conversation.